Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Milk!

For the past six months I've been avoiding dairy in my diet because it seemed to help some allergy-type symptoms that Elijah was having. This week, in preparation for his one year well-baby exam, we had a blood test done for food allergies. We just got the results, and Elijah is not allergic to anything! I am very thankful for Elijah's sake, but also rejoicing for myself. We'll discuss it all with his doctor tomorrow before starting him on any dairy, but for today, I had a bowl of cereal. After six months of toast with dairy-free "butter" almost every day, it was a wonderful change!

3 comments:

  1. Yah for milk! The avoiding dairy thing is no fun! I started doing that a while ago to see if it helped Caleb's gassiness and it seemed to help. Just this past week I started eating a few things and so far it has seemed to have any tragic effects! So, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I cannot imagine going that long without dairy. Who can live without cheese?

    Welcome back to the land of cow products!

    ReplyDelete