Sunday, July 15, 2007

First date

We finally did it - Patrick and I went out for the evening on Thursday and left Elijah (awake!) with his first (non-grandparent) babysitter. It's not that we've never left him before - but it's always been with his grandparents and usually when he's asleep. Mostly, that's because it's hard for someone else to nurse him, and because I've been very protective of the small amount of frozen pumped milk I have stored. Now that we are starting to wean him though, I am willing to use some of that store for a good cause - a little time off for me. =)

Patrick and I got to go to a movie and just spend some time together. It was wonderful. First of all, I got to spend some quality time with Patrick. We always have fun doing things together, and I like him a lot, so that's the best part. Plus, I haven't been to a movie since before Elijah was born, and I think the last time we went to a normal (first-run) movie and the regular theater (not the one that charges 50 cents a ticket on Tuesdays) was the last Harry Potter movie ... yep, it was a while ago. And, we went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. What could be more fun? Elijah had a fun evening at home with our friend Tori, who took excellent care of him. Hey, maybe we'll even do this again sometime!

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo! good for you! I'm glad it went well and you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for date night! It will be nice when we can do that. Glad it went so well. I can't wait to see Harry Potter! The new book should be coming on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete