Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In my kitchen

Most days I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. This week, it seems like that's all I've done - clean the kitchen, make a mess, repeat. I feel like I've been getting a lot less accomplished lately - since Elijah is now able to completely destroy three rooms in the time it takes me to put the clothes from the washer to the dryer, I just feel like I'm not quite keeping up. On Friday, the sink stopped draining, and I couldn't clean up the everyday mess that just happens because there are three people living and eating here. I don't love cleaning, but I really missed my sink when it didn't work! Patrick got it running again Saturday evening (hooray! Apparently our disposal is not up to all the peels that making baby food creates - must be more careful). The little bit of cleaning I managed after that didn't make much of a dent. We were gone all day on Sunday, and by Monday morning it was a big, scary mess. I spent all of my free time on Monday cleaning it up. Monday evening Patrick had a meeting and Elijah and I had swimming lessons (more about that later). So we didn't start making dinner until after Elijah went to bed, and left the kitchen a huge mess again. Yesterday my mom came over and spent the day with us. While she and Elijah played, I cleaned the kitchen again. I'm not sure how Patrick and I got to be so talented, but on Tuesday night we managed to get every knife and every cutting board we own dirty (that's a lot of knives for two people!). Anyway, after I got everything all cleaned up, I made dinner and some baby food, and now I have to clean the kitchen again. I may never get to do anything else ever again.

2 comments:

  1. This too shall pass...but not very fast. Snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I found your blog by randomly searching blogspot and just read this post. My husband and I have 20 month son. Just wanted to say how much I can relate! Don't even get me started on the laundry =}.

    So from one mom to another... We need to keep our chins up... Someday our kids will be old enough to wash the dishes ;)

    ReplyDelete