Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some minor milestones

Well, I knew that we had two milestones lately, but apparently wasn't paying enough attention to catch them as they actually happened. I guess I've been busy with other things. =)

First, it's been a year (as of March 27th) since we moved here to Rhode Island. As I think about that, it seems to have gone by so quickly in some ways, but also like an eternity in others - a very odd feeling. Anyway, I think we are getting a little more acclimated to both place and culture. (I may never acclimate to the humidity. I don't think my body was designed to live outside the Mountain time zone.) We still get lost sometimes, and we still are occasionally baffled by the rather stark unfriendliness you often find when you have a question about something, but I notice those things a lot less often now. Maybe it's just that I have fewer questions, and that I usually know where I'm going now. I am looking forward to spring and summer, warmer weather, and getting to go to the beach more often this year (hopefully).

Second, our blog is now two years old! Looking back at the posts from the first few months is a lot of fun for me, especially because Elijah was the same age then as Molly is now. He has grown up so much! Check out some of those old posts - this one and this one are some of my favorites - do you think Molly and Elijah still look a lot alike? I don't think it's nearly as dramatic now (each of them at 9 months) as it was when they were new babies.

Oh, and speaking of classic Shmuffin Babies posts, a funny thing happened this evening. Remember this one? Patrick did a little reenactment tonight, letting Elijah smell the "adult beverage" he had just opened. I didn't have the camera at the ready this time (I was in the middle of making dinner - sorry!), but here's how it went.

Daddy: Here Elijah, do you want to smell this?

Elijah sniffs and tries to put it in his mouth to taste it.

Daddy: Just smell it. What does it smell like?"

Elijah: Trains.

Daddy: Hm. I think it tastes like trains, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment