Friday, April 10, 2009

Bobbi's visit

So, I'm a little behind posting this, but ... Patrick's mom was here two weeks ago for a weekend visit. We didn't have any exciting events planned, but we all had a great weekend just spending time with her. The kids had so much fun with their Bobbi! Elijah is still constantly telling me all of the inside jokes he and Bobbi have, and cracking up all over again. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but we got a web cam a few months ago, so now we have been able to talk to both sets of grandparents pretty regularly. I know Elijah remembers all of them anyway, but it's so much better to be able to see them when we talk to them, and it really has been such a blessing. He gets a huge kick out of calling them "on the computer," and it's been great for building good, close relationships even though we don't get to see them all too often. Anyway, I think it's really helped Molly, too. She has been pretty wary of adults besides Patrick and me lately, but I think she did really well while Barb was here - Molly warmed up after a few minutes each morning and was happy to be with her Bobbi the rest of the day. Elijah was thrilled to have Bobbi here, and they had a great time playing and reading and taking walks with his new wagon. Patrick and I were also excited to get to go out on a date - thanks, Barb, for babysitting! I didn't take any pictures of the kids with Barb on our camera this time (duh - I guess we'll have to get copies of the ones from Barb's camera), but here are a couple of random pictures from the weekend.



Bobbi brought Elijah some new trucks and and cool new hat.


Both kids loved playing with this box - I loved that it came full of fresh Lancaster County produce!


Molly got into the box, but then couldn't get back out of the box ...


No comments:

Post a Comment