Friday, April 24, 2009

Children's museum

On Wednesday, the kids and I met Jackie, Noah and Lily at the Providence Children's Museum. We had a lot of fun playing! The kids especially loved the water room. It was nice enough to eat and play outside for a while, too. It was such a good day. I forgot to take my camera, but probably wouldn't have gotten many pictures anyway, since I had my hands full with Molly. Jackie was nice enough to send me the pictures she took - thanks, Jackie!

Noah and Elijah play with boats and work the locks.

The locks.

Elijah loved playing with the balls.


Miss Molly - relieved to get out of the stroller for a while!

Playing a silly game with Mama - I throw myself backward ...

... and Mama blows on my face.

It's hysterical!



Elijah playing with the ramps.


The pouring toys are always fun, too.


Playing with Lily outside at the fountain.

Talking to Molly


Mama, the big kids are over there.


A giant noise-making instrument, with different textures and sticks for the kids to play on it.

Dressing like early Rhode Island settlers.


Aren't they cute!?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! And Julie-- you are so beautiful! Good to see pictures of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Melissa, and I'm a member of the museum's AmeriCorps team - you might have seen some of us in the yellow aprons when you were here :) I ran across your blog through our search engine alerts, and I'm so glad to see you had such a fun time!

    It looks like you guys had a blast in Waterways as well as in "Coming to Rhode Island" and outside in the garden. I love seeing all the different things kids figure out how to do with the toys in the water room. One of my favorite tricks (taught to me by a seven-year-old) is that a ball under a downward stream of water can get 'stuck' underneath, bobbing back in if it starts to move away. The same thing happens in the waterfall tank, and it's very cool to see.

    The link in my name leads back to the blog for the children's museum. I hope you'll have a chance to stop by and join the conversation!

    Thanks again for coming to the museum!

    ReplyDelete