Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some real summer fun!

Yesterday was a fun, busy day for Elijah. In the morning, he and Patrick went to the Animal Planet Expo. The boys had a good time together. Elijah was excited about the snakes and lizards and alligator that he saw, and was thrilled to bring home a stuffed panda that he won playing a game.

It turned out to be very warm yesterday (and even hotter today!), so after Elijah's nap we all went to the beach. The beach is the coolest place to be around here, and there was a nice breeze, so even I was much more comfortable. Elijah finally got to go in the water - hooray!




He had fun wading, and really enjoyed it when Patrick carried him out into the waves. They played in the sand and found more seashells. Elijah loved that there was so much space for running and also made a few friends. It was a fun afternoon!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice beach - not to crowded. Is it a private residents beach? We usually go swimming on Jamestown Island but are always looking for a nice beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, it was easton's beach in newport. we lucked out with a metered parking spot on the road, but i think parking is normally $10. not bad for a full day i guess, but we were there in the afternoon for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!

    To Patrick: Get a tan! (I know, I know...like the pot calling the kettle, um, black...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing wrong with attempting to be the whitest man alive. I know I've got some stiff competition, but you can't blame a guy for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, I was going to say something about you being so white but Melissa beat me too it. I can't say much either though because I am pretty white myself. Looks like you all had fun at the beach. If you had to move away from the mountains at least you moved near the beach. Sorry I didn't have a chance to talk while you were there Julie. We were at a b-day party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun it is to be close to the beach! Looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow living close to the beach is soooo fun....i love it...it sure is beautiful....lucky ducks...

    ReplyDelete