Monday, June 16, 2008

Last week

So, we had random internet issues last week - very frustrating. Anyway, I'll try to sum up ...


Just a happy boy!

It was a terribly hot, humid week in New England. Before we moved here, everyone said that it never gets that hot this close to the water. Well, it did. We already had the air conditioners up in the bedrooms and last Sunday Patrick got out portable going out in the kitchen to help out in the living area. It was still pretty brutal and I was just generally feeling not well. (Not so unusual at 38 weeks anyway, I guess.) Elijah and I mostly just bunkered down in the apartment for the week, except for doctors appointments and our last gymnastics class.

I also finally decided it was about time to be brave and find someone here to cut my hair. I really needed a haircut, and I figured it's better to do it now than wait until after the baby comes. So ... yeah, it actually was a pretty horrible haircut - it looked like a guy's feathered style from 1982, even after I washed it and let it curl. So I had to go find a new place this Saturday and have them try to fix it. My hair is shorter now than it's ever been, I think, and I still don't really like it, but it's a lot better than it was. I've decided that having it really short will probably be nice for the hot weather, and it'll be nice & easy when I have a newborn and I'm really not taking care of it. So, I'll try to be positive and it'll grow out eventually, right?

Well, we're only 10 days from baby's due date now. I was 1 cm dilated all week last week, but nothing too exciting is happening yet. We go back to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully we're all ready for this little girl!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry it's been so hot and humid there...if it's any consolation to you, it's NOT normal for the East coast. :) Hopefully that means it won't last long. Can't wait to hear about your new arrival. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the hair cut. How could someone mess up?!

    Praying for you as you come down to the wire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    We heard the news today - Hope all is well with mommy and baby! Let us know if there is anything you need.

    ReplyDelete