Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our first few days

Well, as I'm waiting up anyway to feed Miss Molly, here's a little update. She and I are both doing well and we're all very glad to be home. (Especially Patrick, who was sleeping on a small and uncomfortable fold-out chair in the hospital. Yuk!) Molly took her first two trips to the doctor's office yesterday and today to be weighed and have blood drawn to check her jaundice levels. She is doing fine and doesn't need to have light therapy - hooray! She is eating pretty well (although she would prefer to sleep) and sleeping quite well - I am very thankful for both.

Elijah has been great so far. He was more interested in the hospital room than either his mama or his sister when he came to visit, but he is glad to have us home. Mostly he leaves Molly alone (probably not a bad thing!) but he likes to watch her get her diaper changed and gives her very gentle hugs at bedtime. I think it is very cute when he comes running out after his nap - first he comes looking for me - "Mama, Mama!", then, "baby Molly." My mom is here and she's taking great care of him. He's having fun going to the park and taking walks with his Nana and I'm getting some naps in. It's been so helpful to have her here!

I'm pretty sure that E had a mammoth growth spurt while we were in the hospital. I know, in comparison to a newborn, he would look huge anyway. But seriously, Patrick thinks so too, and I think his clothes are smaller. He's eating and sleeping a lot, too. I've been kinda waiting for him to shoot up taller one of these days because his feet have grown a ton this spring, but he seems to also have gained a bunch of weight. (Great fun - I'm not supposed to be lifting him anyway - yeah, right - and now he's even bigger!) He'll have his 2 year check-up in a few weeks, and we'll see where he's at. He's getting to be such a big boy!

5 comments:

  1. Erin and I agree that Molly is incredibly cute. The picture of Molly under your chin is just perfect. I can't wait to have our little girl! Congratulations to you and Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are all doing well and that elijah loves his 'baby Molly' well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are both doing well. That is so sweet that Elijah wants to see his momma and baby Molly first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything is going well with you guys. How long will your mom be in town? I am definitely looking forward to my mom coming when this baby is due. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Elijah seems to be adjusting well. I'm sure it helps to have Nana there giving him some extra attention. It's so fun watching siblings interact, especially as baby gets older and more interactive. Keep taking those naps!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete