Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer fun?

Well, our suddenly summer-like weather that came on Sunday also brought a new kind of rash for Elijah. This kid has the most sensitive skin ever! Apparently the heat and diapers are a bad combination for him, so after a quick visit to the doc to make sure nothing major was wrong, we've been letting Elijah run about without a diaper as much as possible during the day, and using disposable diapers at night to let him heal. He's enjoying the freedom of life without pants, but not always so keen at being confined to the waterproofed cage. Hopefully this too will pass quickly.



Yesterday I finally succumbed to the inevitable and went to the DMV for my new Rhode Island driver's license. Yuk. Not only did I have to go and hang out at the DMV (always fun) with my crazy toddler, they took my Colorado license away and then took a perfectly horrible, "Hi! I'm 9 months pregnant and distracted by my toddler" photo for the new license. Great. We are also in the process of registering our vehicles for Rhode Island plates. I don't know, I may cry when my pretty Colorful Colorado plates come off.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so sad about your driver's license. Do you think E is ready to start potty training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if he's really ready for potty training - not that i'd let him start right now anyway! but going diaper-free has certainly been a learning experience for him, and hopefully that'll be a good thing when we're ready. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just make sure you get your colorado plates back--you can hang em on your wall or something as a reminder. 'tis a bummer though. i have a 9 mo pregnant license picture too! the extra face fat is so becoming!

    ReplyDelete