Thursday, September 11, 2008

No ear infections, but ...

Yesterday we spent the morning at Elijah and Molly's pediatrician's office. I spent this morning at my doctor's office. Elijah and I have pink eye. Gross. He had it yesterday morning, when we were going to have Molly's ears checked anyway. Neither of the kids have ear infections (thank goodness!) but they are both in the end stages of their colds, which means some serious, thick congestion, and Molly is still opposed to napping lying down. We got some ointment for Elijah's eye (very challenging to administer!) and it seems to be getting better already. I woke up this morning with a red, yukky eye - thank you, Elijah, for sharing! Fortunately, Patrick was able to stay home with the kids, and we found a doctor close by who would take a new patient on short notice. I haven't had a primary care doc in years, but I guess I should find one so I would know who to call in these sorts of situations.
Anyway, we will be glad when everyone is no longer contagious and feeling all better so we can do something more fun than chase each other around the ottoman. Poor Elijah needs to get out and play. He was very sad that we couldn't go to the library yesterday like we planned. I don't want to keep him cooped up here forever, but I also don't want to be the thoughtless mom who drags her sick kid all over the place and gets everyone else's kids sick.
In other news, Patrick got a new phone (he's very excited) and I have a couple of decisions to make - nothing life-changing, but bigger than my usual what-to-make-for-dinner, cloth or disposable, jeans or shorts, every day sorts of choices. I am indecisive by nature, and my brain is feeling a little I-don't-talk-to-grownups sluggish, so this is a challenge. (Do you like all those phrases used as adjectives? Yep, I'm a little creative with my grammar today). So, celebrate with Patrick in his joy, and pray for me that I can find the reasonable, wise course. Don't worry, I'll stop babbling on and post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pray for wisdom for you in your decisions. I totally know what the Mommy ADD brain is like. In fact, I still have it.

    BTW, same kooky cure I mentioned in my email definitely works for pink eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Pink eye sounds like no fun! What sounds like less fun is trying to put medicine in a 2 year olds eye.

    ReplyDelete