Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More ...

So Patrick called this evening to say that some stuff came up at work and he's going to be home late. Now E is having dinner by himself. He keeps saying, "No! No thank you, Mama. No meatloaf. No veggies. No milk. No thank you, Mama." Great, thanks for being so polite about being difficult. He is also continuing his list from this morning. "I don't like doors. I don't like cabinets. I don't like chairs." Um, OK. When he runs out of steam on that, he starts telling me which of the animals he likes are at the zoo here. "Yes, zebras zoo. Giraffes zoo. No bears. No lions. No rhinonus." And on and on. I am sitting at the computer and only partially paying attention because I have been having these conversations and reading coloring books all afternoon (yes, it's weird, and kinda frustrating to be reading coloring books for extended periods) and dealing with fussy baby and I am tired and ready for some Daddy help.

Molly is swinging. She has been swinging a lot today, since she isn't happy anywhere else and doesn't even want to be held. I'm starting to be afraid that the cold that they both have had might have developed into an ear infection for her. Of course that little light bulb only went off after the Pediatrician's office closed for the day, so we'll see how she does tonight. Poor baby.

Here's some more video of Elijah - he's talking about his beach toys and playing in the baby pool.


2 comments:

  1. Days with no help from Daddy are rough especially when they are unexpected. Hang in there doll! I would come help you if I could =) Completely unrelate to that, Elijah has quite the vocabulary now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw man. sorry you are so stir crazy. if only we were closer...

    but yeah, at least he's cute and i love that--polite about being difficult. and he's just so smart. keep working at it and soon he'll be able to carry on an adult conversation with you.

    ReplyDelete