Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Elijah's latest ...


A real smile, for once!

I'm sorry about the lack of fun pictures of the boy lately - Elijah is just always on the move. If he sees me get the camera out, he usually stops whatever cute thing he was doing and tries to take it from me. It makes photography difficult. But that's OK - he's having fun being busy and exploring. We finally have gotten a few pictures that are not of him leaving the frame or grabbing the lens! So I decided to catch you all up a little on all the stuff the little man's been doing.

Elijah continues to be a good eater, and likes almost everything. So far he's not been a big fan of grapefruit and a new chili I made the other night (too spicy, but Daddy said so, too). I can't think of anything else that he won't eat. He'll even eat a lemon to get a laugh! Some of his favorite foods are: mac & cheese with peas, toast (especially with jelly), scrambled eggs (especially with cheese, sausage & peppers in them), graham crackers, grapes, kiwi, and almost any other fruit or vegetable.


The "cheesy" smile - for a yummy lunch!

Elijah is talking more and more all the time, and likes to joke around with us and play games with his new language skills. He likes to hide and pop out to say, "I see you!" (or "I see Nana," since she taught him that one). Yesterday he was telling me that his name was Bubba, not Elijah. Here are a couple little video clips of the kid talking.




His favorite colors are yellow and blue - well, his favorite color words are yellow and blue. He's great at identifying shapes (favorite: stars), but is still working on learning his colors. This week he's started correctly identifying some blue things, but everything else is still pretty much yellow in his eyes. Today, after a long discussion of the fact that the walls of our apartment are neither yellow or blue, he proudly told me that his (peeled) apple was "cream." Yep. I'm astonished.

Elijah is 21 months old and has decided to start practicing for the "terrible twos." Some days, we just have a lot of temper tantrums. We spend a lot of time on those days sitting together and counting (yes, weird, but it calms him down). Some days, Mama gets very tired. I have to say though, that most of the time (in other words, as long as we stay home) E is very good and plays very well without assistance. His favorite play time activities now are blocks of all kinds and puzzles. He still loves to read and is starting to sit still for longer books. (Well, sometimes we get to the end, and sometimes we don't. It's OK.) He's just getting so grown up.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how he says the word too it sounds like he has a southern accent of something. How did he come to decide that his name is Bubba? Kids are so goofy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's because I rarely use his actual name, and mostly call him Bubs. Parents are so weird sometimes.
    - Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. So Cute!! I think Braden and I watched this video at least twenty times. Looking at your blog everyday is great entertainment for our family. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete