Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surviving August

Well, here we are in the middle of another crazy August - Patrick's job is always insane at this time of year and he has to work a lot of evenings and weekends. We are looking forward to the end of September when things will calm down a little, but for now, Elijah, Molly and I are getting along as well as we can without much Daddy time. We survived the worst of it last week when Patrick was gone for 5 days. I was surprised at (and thankful for) how well we did! Elijah always has a hard time when Patrick isn't home, and since he is still adjusting to having Molly in our lives, I thought he might really fall apart. Thankfully, he only started to have a hard time in the last two days, and came through it like a champ in the end. Going to church on our own was challenging, but not as hard as I thought it might be, and it was so worth it - Elijah had such a fun time running around with the other kids, and I was really glad to get out and have some grown up conversation!

Anyway, here's some of what we've been doing lately ...

Elijah has been re-learning to play by himself (after a month of fun grandparents to play with he had forgotten!) and I love watching and listening to him as he entertains himself. He has starting building on his own again and I am impressed by his interesting structures! Most days, Molly takes a pretty good nap in the morning and (even if it doesn't last a long time) Elijah and I have some time alone to play together. He continues to talk up a storm and is learning new words all the time. He has a surprising memory and likes to tell me about things he remembers (we still talk about going to the zoo constantly). I think it's fun to hear about what impressed him, and to find out what he likes and doesn't like. He would wear the same t-shirt and PJs every day if I didn't have to wash them!


Molly is growing and becoming more alert all the time. She smiles a lot when she's awake, and is starting to coo and talk when she is happy (especially when she sees Patrick). She doesn't seem to like her car seat much, but goes right to sleep in the Baby Bjorn when we run errands.



We have been working on some projects around here - I am proud of myself for getting some baby announcements mailed out and now Elijah and I are working on thank you notes. He is really enjoying "writing" them!

Here's Elijah coloring:



And here is a little video for the grandparents of Molly just being a baby:

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that last video confirmed it for me that Molly looks a lot like Patrick.

    I wish we could see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so cute! I love that Elijah knows to say cheese when you get the camera out. It's fun to see a video of Molly even if she is just being a baby and making cute noises.

    ReplyDelete