Friday, August 8, 2008

Seven weeks - the update

I know I haven't written much lately ... it's not that there's nothing to say, but it's just easier to post pictures one-handed than it is to type while you're holding a baby! We are all doing pretty well and getting used to being a family of four and having our days turn around a baby schedule again. Molly is not actually on a firm schedule yet, but she seems to be settling into enough of a pattern that I feel ready to try to give her a schedule based on her patterns. I think Elijah and I will be as glad as she is to have more consistency in our days! Elijah thrives on consistency and has always been very rigid about his schedule - I'm sure Molly will be more flexible (out of necessity!), but I would like to give her as much structure as is reasonable for the rest of us. And, of course, I will be sure to schedule her feedings for times when Elijah doesn't also have something going on - we've had some bad days when they are both hungry and screaming at the same time, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible!

Anyway, Molly is seven weeks old today! This week I think we've started to return to the land of the living - some days I am still just struggling to keep everyone fed and the meltdowns to a minimum and to get myself a shower! But we've made some progress this week - we have gone out into the world a few times and I'm starting to figure out how to manage both kids in various situations (double stroller? baby bjorn? who rides where in the cart?). I finally attempted taking both kids to the park, to Elijah's great joy, and on Wednesday some friends from church came over for a play date/visit, which was really nice for both Elijah and me.


Miss Molly ("Hey Tallie, let's be twins today!")


Seven weeks old! Wide-eyed and content before nap time.

On Wednesday night Molly slept through the night for the first time (she slept until 5:30 am, which Daddy considers a reasonable time to get up, so I think it counts). She didn't repeat it last night, but I am excited that we are at least heading in that direction! This morning she took a great nap, which let Elijah and I have a fun morning. We played for a little while, and then Elijah watched a short video while I got a little snooze on the couch, and then we played with water out on the deck. Elijah had a great time pouring and splashing and making as much mess as he wanted. It was so nice to get outside and just play with him for a little while.





Water + cups = Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow guys, she's precious! Those big eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick...your kids are absolutely beautiful...hope you are doing well....Dawn Pollock Hodgkinson

    ReplyDelete