Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tagged!

My friend Wizzy tagged me, so here is some more random information about me ...

Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.

1. I am really uptight about how I load the dishwasher and especially about how I do laundry. Sometimes my laundry systems actually make it overwhelming, even for me, but I do all of it anyway because I'm always afraid something is going to be ruined. Funny how it all has to be done just right, but I don't care about getting it folded and put away! =)

2. I leave random, rambling voice mail messages. People have actually told me that they have saved a message from me to play for other people - that's probably not a good thing! I just don't know how to stop and get off the phone sometimes (also a problem when I am talking to live person, but it's worse when there's no one there to stop me).

3. While I was pregnant (both times) and since I've been carrying a baby around in the car seat carrier, I have an extra-strong fear of falling and/or dropping the baby (especially on the stairs - and we live on the second floor). It's actually worse now that I am trying to carry Molly and hold on to Elijah. I wear my running shoes, which I hate, a lot of the time just because I feel less likely to slip or trip in them.

4. I have lots of quirky clothing issues - pants never fit right in the hip or the length (and why can't they size women's jeans like they do men's jeans? Do women really only come in three heights?), good bras never come in racer back, shoes are never wide enough, whatever. And I will go off on a crazy rant if anyone even mentions nursing bras.

5. I love ordering things online. I think it's partially because I don't have to talk to anyone or be around a bunch of people or drag my kids out to a store, and partially because I love getting things in the mail, and partially (with clothes) because things look so cute in the pictures and there's no disillusioning fitting room mirrors to ruin it. And maybe it seems a little less real, so I don't feel as bad about spending the money ... I tell myself it's necessary sometimes because I have such a hard time finding pants the right length, but I have to be careful or I'll go a little nuts.

6. I love reading, but I have cut myself off from reading fiction since I had kids (except on vacation or after I had surgery). I just can't be a responsible parent when I have a good book to read. My kids would go hungry and sit in their dirty diapers all day - seriously. I can't help it. Maybe someday I'll get to read again, when they are old enough to feed themselves. =)

OK, so I will tag Jackie, Erin, Jessica, Amanda, and Anne (if you're not currently having a baby!) - you can do it if you want to, no pressure.

2 comments:

  1. does that mean you had to re-do all the laundry and dishes that i did while i was there? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. no - it was great to have you and nana and bobbi do some laundry when you were here - i just can't stand to let patrick do it! =)

    ReplyDelete