Sunday, March 14, 2010

More catching up


Elijah loves to help me make things. Recently we made a dirt cake for Patrick to take to a work event. Elijah was quite impressed with the part where we whisked the pudding mix into the milk. He also loved helping me put the gummy worms in. When we were finished, I offered to let him lick the spoon. He made a horrible, grossed-out face and said, "I can't eat that!" (Was he disgusted by the similarity to dirt, or just that it was chocolate? I don't know. He's so finicky about chocolate.) He did want a gummy worm, though.


Didn't he do a good job making it look like wormy dirt?
The cake was a big hit when Patrick took it to work.


Elijah and I have been reading a special book at nap time recently. I've been thinking that he might be ready to listen to longer books, so we got out Buster Bear, the first of the The Bedtime Story Books series. My brothers and I grew up loving these books, because my dad grew up loving them, and then saved them and read them to us. When we all grew up and ebay came along, we were able to find the last few books in the series that Dad was missing, and then Patrick and I started working on a set for us, too. Elijah has been enjoying the book, and it's nice to have some special time every day that is just for the two of us.



Elijah's first chapter book!

1 comment:

  1. Love Buster Bear!! I'd forgotten about it. Your babies are GROWING Julie!! So cute...!

    ReplyDelete