Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ice cream

Yesterday we had a fun day. It was pouring rain and kinda miserable out, but we still had fun! I got to have a yummy free breakfast at Starbucks - courtesy of their Free Pastry Day and a gift card for some coffee. (It was fun for me - the kids didn't care too much!) Then we went to a play date with a couple of moms and their kids from church. Elijah and Molly had a blast playing with their friends, and it was really nice for me to get to hang out and chat with my friends. After nap, Patrick came with us and we all went out to Ben & Jerry's in Newport for Free Cone Day. Yes, we stood in line in the cold and rain for the third year in a row. But the line moved pretty quickly this year, and we all enjoyed our ice cream - even Elijah! Both of the kids chose strawberry, which I think was why it worked out so well this time. Elijah was still a little put-off at how cold his ice cream was, but he managed to eat most of it, and even told me that he liked it. Molly loved it. She sat in my lap in the doorstep of one of the neighboring shops (still closed at this time of year) and polished off that little cup of ice cream like a pro, saying "I yike it! I yike it!" ["I like it"] every few bites. I am sorry I didn't get pictures of them all decked out in their rain coats and boots and their faces covered in pink ice cream - I accidentally left the camera in the van, a few blocks away. Going back for it in the rain? With Molly? Nope. Oh well. It was nice to have Patrick with us, but I think it was a bit much at this point. He's staying put in bed today - a lot less pain that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment