Thursday, August 16, 2007

Peaches

Last weekend, my parents and my Aunt Louise went to the western slope to visit my brother John and his family. What a great time of year to go - the western slope is famous for wonderful peaches. They brought back a big box and we've been enjoying the end of summer joy of fresh, tree-ripened peaches. Aunt Louise made a wonderful pie, and we've been eating them plain and with ice cream (yum!) all week. Elijah loves peaches! Yesterday afternoon he ate 3/4 of a very large peach after a big snack. I can't blame him - I think they're wonderful, too.

1 comment:

  1. noah is a big fan of peaches too as is lily, just not quite as big. there is a peach festival here soon that i've thought about going to or we might go peach picking as well. it stinks though--i have developed allergies to many fruits since pregnancies and peaches are the worst. they also used to be my favorite and my mouth waters everytime i cut one up for the kids...

    ReplyDelete