Saturday, June 30, 2007

Out with the girls

On Wednesday, Elijah spent the afternoon with Nana and Grandpa, and I got to spend the afternoon with a couple of old friends. (Well, after looking at some of the pictures of us ten - fifteen years ago, I feel kinda old!) Amanda and Mary Sue and I have been friends since sometime in middle school. I couldn't tell you exactly how and when it happened, but I know it was in orchestra class (cellos rule!). =) It was great to see the girls, and have some time to talk. We were so thankful for babysitters for all of our kids, and for Danny for making the suggestion that we get together without them for once. Not only was it wonderful to get to spend the afternoon with special friends, but it's always great to get to chat with other moms (and realize that I'm not alone in this crazy kid world). What a great day.

Me, Amanda, and Mary Sue. Yes, that is an Applebee's sign behind us. We went back to our old spot and had mozzarella sticks for tradition's sake.
Us, 1996. We're even in the same order!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! They switched hair color! :)
    I'm glad that you got to spend time together. Old friends and cellos rule!

    ReplyDelete