Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random thoughts and quotes

Yesterday at nap time, Elijah threw up. In typical Elijah style, he didn't even tell me for a while. When he did, he said (in a very normal, happy voice), "Mama, I threw up. It's OK. That happens sometimes. Remember a long time ago on the way home from Bobbi's house when I threw up in the van? It just happens sometimes."

I said, "How are you? Do you feel a little better now?"

"Yep, I'm fine."

Nothing ever really bothers him much. He was a little less cavalier after throwing up a few more times, but never lost his cheerfulness. What a funny kid.

The kids are getting used to the idea that we're going to have a baby now, and like to ask questions. At first they were quite concerned that the baby would get wet when I drank water, and that I might throw up the baby when I was sick, but I think they understand now that the baby is quite safe in there.

1 comment:

  1. Except for the fact that there was actual vomit involved, this is pretty-darned cute!

    ReplyDelete