Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby update - 12 weeks

Well, here we are at 12 weeks! I know we're not actually out of the first trimester yet, but 12 weeks always comes as a welcome relief. Baby is the size of a lime now and moving little fingers and toes.

I just found out that I'm anemic - so iron supplements here we come. Hopefully they aren't as awful as everyone says. I was a little anemic before I got pregnant with Elijah, but some extra spinach and red meat resolved that. I guess it explains my recent taco, hamburger and steak cravings! (Not, however, the chips and queso craving. I can't say that I desperately need some nutrition that is going to provide, as much as I'd like to justify it.)

At the risk of jinxing things, I think I'm starting to feel a little better, generally. I've been able to eat better lately, and a little less often, and the nausea is a little less constant. I did catch Elijah's stomach bug the other night, and have some very beautiful broken capillaries around my eyes to show for it. But I haven't thrown up this week other than that! Yay!

Sorry, I am not going to take regular pictures of the bump for y'all, at least not until I'm looking more pregnant and less just plain chubby.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling a bit better-- I hope it continues. Being anemic is no fun-- I had problems with that at the end of my last pregnancy. I used a few natural herbal supplements along with eating blackstrap molasses by the big spoonful. It worked wonderful and with out all the nasty side effects that regular supplements provide. Watch the dairy as it doesn't allow the body to absorb the iron. I'm sure you will feel much better after those numbers come up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete