Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick babies

This was my week - sick kids. We started the week with two little runny noses. Molly also sounded a little froggy and was complaining of a sore throat on Monday (when we asked what hurt, she said, "neck." Then Monday night Molly took a bad turn. She and I were up all night, and we found out in the morning that she had croup. Two days of steroids helped a lot, but she's still a pretty sick little girl. I thought Elijah was over his little cold, and was going to survive Molly's germs, but then last night he started coughing and sounding like Molly. We took him to the doctor this morning, and he also has croup now. Molly is still feeling pretty bad, coughing and a fever coming and going. She can't get down from my lap without crying, and can't cry without coughing, so I've (literally) had my hands full. Elijah is acting sicker today than I have ever seen him - he is so, so crabby. I'm so glad they are taking good naps today!

Not at all himself this morning - crabby and tired.

Miserable little Molly last night - she had a fever, and just wanted to snuggle.

1 comment:

  1. I remember a January..32 years ago...the whole month...Patrick had bilateral ear infections and bronchitis and Danny had pneumonia...I practically wore out a rocking chair! I know what you are going through!..
    not fun!

    ReplyDelete