Saturday, December 20, 2008

5 days 'till Christmas!

Miss Molly has enough little Christmas outfits to keep her decked out for a couple of weeks (thanks mostly to hand-me-downs from her cousin, Rylee), so here's a little countdown for you!

Baby's First Christmas


And Wizzy tagged me with this Christmas themed list - so here goes! =)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, mostly. I love really pretty presents, and I enjoy wrapping for a while, but I feel like they all have to be unique and really pretty, so if there's too much to do I get burned out and reach for a bag. =)

2. Real tree or Artificial? Either. I like both - artificial are easy to decorate and generally symmetrical, but the real ones smell so good!

3. When do you put up the tree? Growing up we did it December 1st. This year we didn't put one up at all.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's (or March ... ha!)

5. Do you like eggnog? Yeah, in small doses.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Mandy doll.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Patrick, usually.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Elijah.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - olive wood that Patrick's parents brought back from Jerusalem. Cool, huh?

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail cards. I love getting mail - and getting cards and pictures from everyone at Christmas is so much fun, so I try to send ours in the mail, too. We have done the email thing some years when sending out real cards was too overwhelming to attempt.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember anything standing out.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story and White Christmas are my favorites. Patrick loves them all, and I enjoy pretty much anything Christmas (except Jingle all the Way or the made-for-TV ones), so we usually watch a bunch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something that looks great for someone - any time of the year, or after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No comment. =)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The cookies, definately.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, lots!!! Sometimes I like white lights, and sometimes I have a colored-light itch. It depends, but I love them!

17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen, especially this version - I love the parts of We Three Kings mixed in there - aren't the words great!?

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually I'm for staying home, but this year we're traveling and I'm looking forward to it.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Um, yeah, but I don't know why ... Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we did stockings on Christmas Eve, and presents in the morning. I also like the new-PJ's on Christmas Eve tradition. =)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crazy shopping, and I'm not a big fan of all the Santa stuff, especially the take-your-picture-with-Santa at the mall thing and all the poor, scared babies crying ... (sorry, all you S.C. lovers out there).

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Stars and angels, mostly, in golds, reds, white and silver.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, the prime rib John & I have made the last few years, and stained-glass jello.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A trip to Colorado and a yard for Elijah.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't hand-me-downs the best? We have a bunch for Rylee this year, so that means that you'll have a bunch for Molly next year too!
    I love the how to build a snowman shirt in the other post. That's a gift from Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK-- LOVE that version of God Rest Ye merry Gentlemen! I heard it on the radio the other day and it has to be my favorite christmas song this year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete