Monday, March 31, 2008

A little exploring

Yesterday was our first "real" Sunday here in R.I. - I was physically here last week, but I think I pretty much slept all day. So yesterday we went to our new little church (we found it and were hardly even late!) and started a new tradition of going out exploring after naps. It was the nicest day we've seen since we've been here - sunny and less windy - so we packed up kid and camera and went looking for the ocean. Rhode Island is "the ocean state," so I figured there ought to be some sort of shore around, right? We went to Fort Adams State Park and walked around grass and beaches and up and down the pier (or is it a wharf? I don't know - someone needs to label these things for those of us whose experience with bodies of water includes mostly man-made reservoirs). Elijah loved every minute of it - "walk!" "wah-wah!" "sea sew!" ("We're going for a walk! Look at the water! I found a seashell!") He wanted to get in the water, but that will have to wait until it's warm enough to not wear your winter hat when you go to the beach. It was really pretty and actually smelled like the ocean (I've been waiting!) and we tried to take pictures, but the batteries in the camera were dead. (I know that you all are sad that there is no picture to go with this post, but believe me, I am even more sad that there are no pictures of E's first trip to the beach!) After walking around for a while we drove the rest of the way around Newport's Ocean Drive, which was beautiful. It was a good day. Next time, we'll take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. How did you like the church?

    On Sunday, we ate at U. Rich and A. Beth's. I noted, "It is a lot quieter now that Julie is gone." NOT!

    ReplyDelete