Monday, January 28, 2008

A recipe and other randomness

The other night we made Chicken a la Queen (recipe courtesy Rachel Ray) for the second time. We really like it! I think the combination of red bell peppers and asparagus is fun and different (although it can be hard to find both of them for a good price). Elijah loved it too! We used Pepperidge Farm puff pastry and the ratio of puff pastry (3 servings) to Chicken a la Queen (4 large Patrick-sized servings) didn't come out quite right, but Elijah and I had the leftovers for lunch today with toast instead and that was good too - in fact, Elijah preferred it that way. (Although to be fair, he is completely obsessed with toast right now and would eat it with anything.) He had a lot of fun dunking his toast in the soup (or whatever you want to classify this as) and slurping it off.

Yesterday my cousin Melissa referred me to a blog that I think is awesome - The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. The blog is great, and only serves to encourage my rather strange passion about correct punctuation. At least I know that I am not alone. (I first found this out when a friend recommended the hilarious book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves.) Now I want to start a blog of misplaced apostrophes! By the way, friends, please do not freak out that I am over-analyzing your blogs, emails, etc for incorrect punctuation - it only really makes me crazy when people publish it. I know I am a horrible speller and even tend to be rather informal and liberal with dashes when writing for fun, so I can't judge. But if I were printing a huge billboard, I would have someone proofread it first!

3 comments:

  1. I love L-O-V-E Rachael Ray. In fact we were almost on her show :) Might have to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I printed out the recipe to give it a try. I'm glad to hear that you aren't analyzing my grammar because I stink at grammar. I checked out that quotation mark blog and it was so funny I was laughing out loud reading it. There were also some links to some other funny blogs on the sidebar. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete