Saturday, September 22, 2007

Five years

Wow, five years! Yesterday was our fifth anniversary. It's gone by so quickly! They have been five really good years. (I will not add Patrick's comment here - funny, but so inappropriate!) We've been blessed in so many ways, and had some really good times.

Thanks to my parents, we got to celebrate with a little grown up time. Elijah is staying with his grandparents until tomorrow. What a great gift! We went out to dinner and to see a movie, and had fun talking about the best parts of the last five years. I think we'll stick it out for another five.


Our wedding day was such a great day - everything went well and we really enjoyed it. The weather was fantastic and the day intensely pretty - I remember thinking that everything was so perfectly beautiful and that it must just be that I saw it that way because I was so happy. It was kind of fun afterward to find out that other people thought it was an exceptionally beautiful day, too, and to see the pictures and see that I wasn't making it all up. (Thanks to our great photographer who captured the colors and everything so beautifully.)

All my boys =)
Afterward, we were totally exhausted, but in a good, happy way. It was so fun and exciting to be starting our lives together!

One other great thing about our wedding day is that we got to spend it surrounded by people that we love. Girls, I love you and miss you each so much!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 5 years! Your wedding day was a beautiful day. It was a perfect sunny crisp autumn day. That whole week was rather long and tired though but so worth it. I am so glad that God has blessed the two of you with 5 wonderful years and I pray he gives you many more. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i love and miss you lots too! and ditto what erin said--except the part about seeing you in a few weeks, which just makes me really jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both on five wonderful years of marriage. And look what you've produced in that time....one beautiful little boy.

    I know your family will be even happier five years from now.

    Love, D.

    ReplyDelete