Monday, April 4, 2011

Breakfast in bed

While my mom was here, Patrick and I got to spend a night away on our own, courtesy of a gift certificate to the Yorktowne Hotel that he won at work. Patrick arranged for a pregnancy massage for me that afternoon (so wonderful!) and then we drove down to Maryland to a great little outdoor shopping area.


The weather was fantastic that day, and we enjoyed walking around and eating dinner out on the patio. Patrick chose the place because they have a Noodles & Co. - another fantastic treat! (Seriously, that place makes me so happy, especially after a few years of living far away from them.) We had our favorites ... well, Patrick had his favorite (Pad Thai) and I had small bowls of two of my favorites, Tuscan Linguine and Mac & Cheese. I may be eating for two, but I just couldn't get all three of my favorites - that would just be ridiculous. =)


Mmmmm ... mac & cheese.



Back at the hotel, a wonderful day was topped off with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. (Real for Patrick, faux for me!) We got to sleep in and have room service breakfast in bed. What a wonderful treat for a tired mama! We spent most of the rest of the day enjoying being together and finding some fun local food and even enjoying some appliance and house-related pre-shopping (just to be prepared - not because we know anything yet - don't get too excited).


Breakfast yumminess.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to get away. Sounds like fun. Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete