Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another early birthday for Elijah

Tomorrow is actually the big day, but we celebrated Elijah's birthday (again) last week while Nana was here. I wanted to make sure that we could give him a fun little party, and since his birthday is just a week before we move I was afraid that things would be too packed up and busy. I didn't want him to lose out because I couldn't find a cake pan or wrapping paper! We will still have a little more celebration tomorrow, but it was fun to have a little party with Nana, too.


Opening presents!

New Cars coloring book and semi truck

Balloons!


Thomas cake.


Well, it was a busy week of cakes and parties, but it was fun. It reminded me that I haven't done much cake decorating in the last 10 years or so - my frosting piping skills are pretty rusty! But the kids didn't notice. Elijah loved his train tracks and seeing his name on the cake. We're looking forward to the big day tomorrow - I can't believe he is three years old already!

2 comments:

  1. Happy B-day Elijah! Way cool cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cake! I couldn't tell you are rusty with your decorating skills. Happy Birthday Elijah!!

    ReplyDelete