Friday, February 6, 2009

Sickos and other news

Well, we have two sick kids right now. Elijah has had a cold all week. Molly had a bit of a runny nose but I thought she was going to miss the worst of it, until Wednesday night, when she started coughing and generally having a hard time. So she's actually had it worse than Elijah for a couple of days, but so far no real fever or coughing scary enough to go to the doctor. We had a long night last night though!

In other news, Miss Molly is now sleeping without her swaddle blanket. I've been putting it off for a while now, but she was just getting too big for it. We started with one arm out a couple of weeks ago, and she's been completely free for more than a week. It was a rough transition, but I'm thankful that it's over. She is sleeping either on her side or on her tummy most of the time now, and I think she'll be sleeping better because of that (we'll see after she gets well again). Hopefully now she will learn to put her own pacifier back in at night! =)

It was really cold here again for the past couple of days, and last night we had heat issues again. No pipes burst this time, but we spent the night with space heaters running in all four apartments in our building to prevent it, and to keep our poor sick babies warm!


Awwww, so cute!

Happy girl in her jumper, before the sickness hit.



Elijah resting on the couch when he wasn't feeling so hot earlier this week.

4 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, Julie, I can still remember the days when I had sick children and you know how old my children are! I'll pray for endurance and patience for you. I remember that lack of sleep really affected my abilities in those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, Julie, I can still remember the days of sick children and you know how old my children are! I will pray for patience and endurance for you. As I recall, lack of sleep impacted those area negatively for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh. sorry. it's probably our fault they're sick again...

    not sorry we got to hang out with you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i doubt it's your fault - elijah was starting to be sick that night during the night, much too soon to be your germs!

    ReplyDelete