Friday, November 21, 2008

The Bubba update

The little man is growing up so fast these days. I realized that I have been posting a lot of pictures lately but not writing much, so I figured I ought to update you all on what Elijah's been doing!

Well, he is 2 years and 4 months old, and getting taller and taller every day. He has become too busy playing and doesn't like it when I make him stop and eat. He does still eat a lot (usually) once I get him in his seat, but getting him in there and convincing him to get started is quite a challenge some days. (Bobbi says he eats like a grown man. That may be a bit of an overstatement, but he does eat a lot more than the other toddlers I know.) He is also a little more picky now than he once was, but he still likes a wide variety of foods and I know I really can't complain. Elijah's favorite foods are mac n' cheese, mixed veggies, grapes, pears, blueberries, tomatoes, yogurt, applesauce, cereal (Cheerios or Alpha-Bits) and all sorts of breakfast foods - pancakes, french toast, eggs, sausage, etc. He also loves anything that he is allowed to dip into ketchup or ranch dressing. (This morning he asked if he could have some ketchup with his applesauce!)

Elijah is really talking up a storm now, and most days he chatters non-stop to me, or Molly, or himself. He likes to sing, too. He still wants me to sing to him most of the time, but he sings along with me and even sings to himself sometimes now, too. His favorite songs are I've been Working on the Railroad, Old MacDonald had a Farm, ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, Psalm 23, and most of the songs on his Rhinoceros Tap CD. I love it when he sings!

The favorite toys around here lately are the wooden train set, construction trucks, and dinosaurs. Elijah likes to color (usually in short bursts, but some days for quite a while) in his car and truck coloring books. We continue to spend a lot of time reading each day, and he knows most of his books by heart. Some of his current favorite books are The Little Engine that Could, his Little People lift-the-flap books, Green Eggs and Ham, and his new potty books (he is very interested in the books, not at all interested in using the potty).

I am very thankful for how great Elijah has always been with Molly. He is kind and gentle almost all the time. We are working on the concept of sharing - hopefully we can make some progress before Molly is old enough to care!

Yep, we've got a pretty special little dude, and we love him a whole lot!

2 comments:

  1. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Thanksgiving - I will make sure we have a full bottle of Ketchup for E's turkey!
    By the way I really like your header - great pics and lots of color really catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are super-excited to see you guys and are glad that you are keeping up with our blog! Thanks in advance for having us - we have been smiling for weeks in anticipation of sharing this holiday with you.

    ReplyDelete