Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've been tagged ... again!

My friend Amanda tagged me and the simple instructions are just to write six things about me. This was a lot harder than it sounds! Here they are (in no particular order):

1) I don't sleep very well. I never have. People tell me that it will get better now that I'm in my 30's, and maybe it will when I'm not pregnant or nursing, but while I'm pregnant - worse. I'm tired.

2) I am about to be a bridesmaid for the 8th time. (Congratulations Kristi - hooray!) I've been so glad and honored to be there to help and support my friends each time. This is the first time I've been pregnant, but I think it'll be fine. My dress is just bigger this time!

3) I'm a little nervous about our upcoming ultrasound, mostly because I'm excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I'm a little nervous about the possibility of having a girl, just because I don't have a lot of experience living with girls and I'm nervous about messing up. I also will have a lot more to do to get ready if we're having a girl, and I'm not sure what kind of quilt I'll make if it's girl. But I'll be excited either way (once I get used to the idea)!

4) I make quilts, and mostly I really enjoy it. I like figuring out a design and doing the patchwork and seeing it come together. I don't like ripping things out, and the quilting part gets tedious sometimes - I always feel like I should be done already! But then, when it is done, it's all worth it.

5) I am not generally very good at dealing with change, but I am trying to work on that. Mostly, when I don't know what to expect I get worried about all the things that could go wrong.

6) I love photographs and photo albums. I have been concentrating on sewing for the past couple of years, so I have quite a stack of pictures piling up, but I am excited to get to them soon. We have pictures all over the place around here. I had to move some to protect them from Elijah's growing reach and I was so sad that I had to lose seeing them all the time.


There you go! I have never been a huge fan of asking people to do things, but ... Jackie & Erin, I'm tagging you, if you want to do it!

3 comments:

  1. well, we'll see if i do it...i liked reading yours though. even though most of it's stuff i know already it's cool to hear it from your own perspective. i think you'll be great with a girl--i do ok and you're much sweeter and gentler than i am. i can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will be a great mom to a girl or another boy! I can't wait to hear the news! I'll try to think about 6 things about me and post them. No promises though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did just fine with Kate when you were a nanny! I had no experience living with boys, but it is great to have sons! :)

    Now for the bad news: Sleeping has only gotten worse for me in my 30's. I'm hoping for relief in my 60's?

    ReplyDelete