Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have had a very good but very busy week here. (I'll post more about the rest of the week later.) We celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday with my parents and two of my brothers, Stuart and John, and John's family. It was a really nice, fairly relaxing day (as relaxing as preparing Thanksgiving can be), and everyone said that the food was good. I can personally vouch for excellent mashed potatoes and gravy and, of course, Dad's famous apple pie is always wonderful. Unfortunately, turkey totally grosses me out right now, but maybe by Christmas I'll be ready for feast food again. Patrick took over making Grandma's pumpkin pie for me this year, and it turned out very well - John had to have seconds.

John, Linde and baby Piper were here all weekend. We had fun watching Elijah and cousin Piper playing, if not together, near each other. Piper is getting around on her own now and pulling up to stand and walk along things, so they were much more interactive than they have been before. Here are a couple of cousin pictures from play time on Friday.

Come on up here and play!
Cute girl
Piper shares Elijah's issues with pants that won't stay up. What a pain!
Elijah and Grandpa hangin' out, watching the CU game.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to have cousins to play with. I can't wait until Caleb and Luke actual realize that the other exists!

    ReplyDelete