Friday, October 19, 2007

Beer Fest!

Well, as luck would have it, Denver is the annual host of the nation's largest beer festival each fall. I volunteered to pour beer at this event last year (because it is so expensive to get in) and really enjoyed myself. This is Patrick writing if you haven't noticed. Anyway, I volunteered again this year, as did my folks. They actually attended one night too, as I had earned passes by volunteering last year.

It is a great time, lots of people to watch, lots of great beers to taste (1 ounce at a time), crazy shirts and outfits that people wear. It is a true event with lots to see. I do enjoy lots of beers, so this is a nice time to get out and experience a little more than Coors Light. I enjoy a CL Smoothy every once in a while, but I know that there is much more out there - American Style Barleywine beers (without too much hops), porters and stouts (rich in the malt), winter brews, summer ales, sweet beers, sour beers, beers that literally made me shiver as I stood there! I get to meet lots of people, and I will actually be an Assistant Brew Crew Captain next year! I do enjoy myself, and it is a time to just relax and have fun (not as much fun as those folks on Saturday night who have been drinking one ounce samples for four hours straight).

Here is a picture of me and my folks after we came home from Friday night's session.




1 comment:

  1. Nice accessories! I hear they are the biggest rage this season. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete