Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finn's birth

Tomorrow we will be celebrating one year with Finn!

One year ago, when we were getting ready for bed, I started feeling faint contractions.  I knew that with both Molly and Elijah, I was already quite dilated when I started to feel contractions, so I paid attention right away.  When I timed them, the contractions were only 2-3 minutes apart, so we called the doctor.  We went to the hospital about midnight, and spent the rest of the night alternately walking the halls and watching the monitor.  My first two labors started slow, but went REALLY fast at the end, so we were all prepared for things to speed up at any time.  Finn decided to take his time, however.  Later in the afternoon, I got an epidural (my first - I was so scared!) and took a short, much-needed nap.  Finn finally made his appearance at 5:09 pm.  We were so excited to meet him!  He took to nursing right away, and we enjoyed spending some quiet time together.  It was a wonderful day.

Finn Patrick, 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 1/4", July 22nd

It was a very, very hot week.  During the first night it finally dropped below 100 degrees around 2 am.  The monitors around the halls of the hospital reported the temperature outside all night.  We were glad to be inside in the air conditioning!




No comments:

Post a Comment