Saturday, September 11, 2010

First day of school!

Wow! Yesterday was Elijah's first day of preschool!

On Wednesday we (Elijah, Molly, Mama and Daddy) went to school to meet Elijah's teachers and classmates and check everything out, and yesterday (Friday) was the first real day of school. Daddy came home from work for a special first-day breakfast and pictures and big hugs before we left. Elijah was a little concerned about the idea that Molly and I would actually being leaving him there by himself, which is understandable, since we've never done that before. He kept asking me why we couldn't wait for him in the waiting room like at gymnastics. On the way to school he said, "Mama, I am going to miss you while you're gone!" I knew he was going to love it once he got used to it, but I didn't know what to expect that first day.

I didn't need to worry, of course. When we got to school, he went charging in and found friends and blocks to play with, and hardly noticed me giving him hugs and kisses and leaving. Molly was very sad that she didn't get to stay and play, but we made it out of there without a complete meltdown, so I thought that first day went very well!

Elijah had a great time at school. He did tell me afterward that he missed me while I was gone, but I think he was really too busy having fun at school to miss me very much. His teachers said that he had a fun day, was a good listener, and that they never would have guessed that he hadn't ever been to school before. Yay, Elijah!

That night we went out to dinner with Daddy to Pizza Wave to celebrate. The kids got to make their own pizza, and Elijah loved the giant shark hanging from the ceiling. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment