Sunday, July 4, 2010

Elijah's Birthday Party

On Saturday, we celebrated Elijah's birthday with a party! Jackie's family came for the day, which was fun and a big help. We had a fun lunch with corn on the cob - a big favorite with everyone, and then during nap time we got ready for the party.

I finished Elijah's cake. I tried using fondant for the first time, and it turned out pretty well. I made a test batch first, which wasn't great, but worked well enough to use for some of the decorations. I made all the letters and decorations during the week ahead of time. The second batch of fondant, which I used to cover the cake, came out much better; and with the help of Jackie's extra hands, went on without too much drama. Elijah asked for a Woody and Buzz cake, so that's what I was going for.



All ready for the party!

We had the party outside in the yard. Jackie's family and some friends from church were there, and some of Elijah's friends from Patrick's office stopped by as well. The kids played in the sandbox, rode bikes, and played in the little swimming pools. We had munchies, and cake and ice cream. It was a fun afternoon!

The toys wishing Elijah a happy birthday!

Yay, Elijah!



Just hangin' out, talking.

Elijah, laying in the sun to warm up a bit.

All the kids enjoyed the little pools!



The kids enjoyed their bikes, too.

3 comments:

  1. that cake is amazing, julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That cake is amazing! I am VERY impressed.
    (Oh, this is E Wilsey, by the way. We met at Cameron's wedding) I found your blog through Anne Boyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. =) it was my first attempt at fondant, so it took me a really long time to do it all, and i'm glad it worked out! hi e - nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete